Friday, July 8, 2011

Delays upon delays

Actually not really. I was using that mobile app (the 3rd one. Bloggeroid I think this time) and it seems to work alright, but I found myself depending on my phone a bit too much for my taste. (Which has always been a bit of a fear of mine. It does everything...so does it really need me?) I also wanted to take a bit of a break to update my resume and do s'more job searching. Recently, I've started my chinese lessons again too. It was really visiting my aunt over the holiday weekend that did that to me. I have been dragging my feet on it for a few weeks. I guess a lot of 2nd or cross-cultural folks have this problem. You don't feel like you belong in either culture...yet you don't know anything else. In my case, I don't really feel American or Chinese...but I'm both. I guess all those stereotypes really come out to bite me in the ass. I don't like math or play piano. (Sorry, guys).
Recently, I found out about an MMA fighter, Denis Siver, that deals with the same thing. He's German-Russian. So, it isn't easier no matter where or what you are. I think with the world getting smaller and inter-breeding, it's only a matter of time before we all start looking like Tiger Woods.

No comments:

Post a Comment