Sunday, October 21, 2012

Phil-tober 2012

Kind of funny. Around this time last year, I had just been hired by Fazil over at Sign-a-rama and was pretty down on everything. So, it's kind of good I can write down some of my thoughts. There have been some hits and misses this year.
The main thing to me is trying to re-prioritize things. Lately, I think my thought process has been a bit too jumbled. For me to find peace, I have to move. That's not a slight against my brother but after getting laid off, divorced, and broke, you really are used to having your own piece of ground underneath your feet, you know? And for the past few years I've had to be more reactive than proactive about that. At first I kept thinking that a new job is what I wanted and that is important but I really just want my own space. I think that comes with a new job but feeling a bit trapped is not going to help be happy and upbeat.
Not to mention, it's an election year.

One thing that hasn't worked out is taking chinese lessons again. Man, take stuff as a kid when you can take the time to study. I never thought I would appreciate those few hours when I didn't have to be anywhere else! haha. It's much more difficult as an adult with regular work and things like that. I just couldn't get my brain zoned in. I'm not sure if it was regularity or familiarity. I think it was goals. I already knew my tutor and without a direct lesson plan, it was difficult for me to kind of "get it." Now, I was doing okay but no where what I wanted/needed to be. I'm just taking a break until I can get my own space and can take a few hours a week-something I can't do currently.

No comments:

Post a Comment