Sunday, March 10, 2013

Difficult, difficult

I wanted to wait a bit for this blog post as it has been pretty hard here for a few days. The latest, is I had to put my little baby cat, Sylvia,  to sleep this past Monday. :o( She had got some sort of infection about a month ago and it hadn't gotten any better. The vet had said she had a growth that looked like raw hamburger under her tongue at one point. We tried anti-biotics but she still wasn't eating or drinking anything so, it was just rather sad. I didn't feel like keeping her around just to see her suffer any longer. I know she was spoiled for a good portion of her cat lives, so I'm okay with that.
Brother is doing better as well. I'm starting to call him Robocop because of all the machines he is hooked up too, but he tells me he is feeling better. So, I can't really complain about that. To recap, he's on a heart monitor/shock box 24/7 and has been for the past 2 months. He's also now on a CPAP machine for sleeping. Apparently, when he went to the sleep study, they woke him up after 2 hours as his heart kept stopping. (!!) He was never resting deep enough for the "official" start.
He tells me that when sleeping, it's okay if you your heart stops every 5 minutes or so. That's natural. A little high, but still okay. His heart had stopped 104/hr. No wonder he is never very rested. Basically, it's like a micro heart attack from what I can gather. Does this explain everything? No. It just kind of gives us a new wrinkle in the never-ending health diagnosis puzzle.
Also, got some good stuff for the new homeopathic detective agency too. Issue 2 was feeling really really boring to me. So, instead, this new story arc should be a welcome change. It's more of a South...Western at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment