Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Page 2

Page 2 panel 1. I was really concerned about how the grass would look but it turned out great.

Page 2 panel 2. 

Page 2 Panel 3. 
 Page 2 notes: I really like the top half of the page but the bottom half I didn't like it at all. The grass in panel 1 turned out great and really adds something to me about the scene. I think this is because I didn't really have a script to go from (which I normally do). I was just winging it. I did a lot of thumbnails for this page because I wasn't sure which direction to go. I could either reveal some bad guys and have a showdown or go right into an action sequence. Plus, I was trying to decide whether to continue this series/story or not. Ultimately, I am going to do a small script (so things don't get lost next time) and move into a different genre. I'm going to do a Western this time. In honor of my friend, Sally Anderson, whose first novel is being published at the end of the month. This will give me more practice with animals and hats. And guns.

No comments:

Post a Comment