Thursday, June 9, 2011

Low-Class Mendicant

After doing my own bit of research on fighting games, I'm realizing why the world's (not just America's) children are so messed up and un-coordinated. Too much dependent on the "big punch." Seriously, have you heard of a jab? Hell, or even a low kick? Too interested in looking cool than getting the job done, eh? Then you should "stick to playing with your windmills!" (Marshall Law/Pat Mills & Kevin O'Neill 1993)You have to set up those power shots or they'll be easy to avoid. And yes, I speak from experience.
Take, for instance, the redone Splatterhouse (xbox360/ps3). Yes, you've got a magic and about 100lbs of evil hemoglobin...and yet all you throw are power punches. *facepalm*. That makes me sad. No wonder you are getting your ass kicked by a shadow. Or zombies. Or, well, whatever. You have no technique, young padawan. And if the Gracie family has taught us anything, without technique...you are lost.
Sure, I enjoy a good screen-clearing blast of ball lightning but I also know that any enemy worth a salt is not going to give me the two seconds it takes to quarter-circle+Punch his ass back into the abyss.
Just my thoughts. Discuss.

No comments:

Post a Comment