Sunday, November 13, 2011

Month-long slumber

Yay. Just after posting of page 4 of The Homeopathic Detective Agency. I'm learning a few things about this process. One, it takes more time than you think. I also am a work-in-progress. Things work out in your head but don't always work in paper. One of my issues, at least art-wise was not just being sketchy but how to get the best line and energy on the page. On some pages, it works better than others. Sometimes things look a bit...forced to me. This is one of the reasons I was tempted to do another quick series-see if I could get some better technique down. This time, I redrew panels. Which I've only done a handful of times.  I'm glad I did but when you do it's difficult, you know? You've spent all that time doing it the first time just to erase it and start over. Haha.
I do see myself getting better-not just technique wise but pacing and things like that. It's odd...as I don't think I've had a chance to show my strengths yet. I don't know how many people are actually following but it was important to me to get something out there. A body of work that you could look at after some time. You think about it a different way when everyone else can see. A lack of net, as it were. Some things are good and some things are bad. However, I do like producing things on a regular basis. I just have to shore up the regular job and drive situation and I think we'll be in business.

No comments:

Post a Comment